Robert D. Lewis
Rob was born in Wheatland, Wyoming, on December 3, 1953. He attended and graduated from high school and college in Colorado. He moved to Idaho for law school in 1977. Since 1980, he has lived in Boise, Idaho. He served as law clerk for State District Judge Jesse R. Walters, while studying for the Idaho bar exam, and held that position for one year. Judge Walters was appointed as one of the three initial judges for the Idaho Court of Appeals and Rob served as his first appellate law clerk. He joined this firm in 1984. In the spare time, he enjoys hiking, skiing, river rafting, fishing, reading and travels. He is married with kids.
Areas of Practice
- 70% Civil litigation-both trial and appellate practice
- 20% Insurance coverage analysis and disputes
- 10% small business entity support and transactions
- 1981—Idaho State Bar and U. S. District Court of Idaho
- 1987—Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 1994—Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 1980—University of Idaho College of Law, J. D.
- 1977—University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, B. A.
(Magna Cum Laude in Economics)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Idaho State Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Idaho State Bar Professional Conduct Board, Member since 1998
Professional Peer Review Ratings
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory—AV